Why become a business angel investor?
First and foremost business angels are genuinely interested in helping start-up and early-stage companies to grow. Of course, they are also seeking a return on their investment both time and money. Investments can qualify for tax relief which is very generous under the SEIS and EIS schemes.
Business angel investors usually stay with a company over several years and through several fundraising rounds before exiting.
Becoming an HBA member offers several benefits, including:
- Access to high quality and carefully selected investment opportunities from entrepreneurs with a link to the University of Reading and Henley Business School (including those in the Henley Start-Up Business Incubator)
- Quarterly pitch presentation events and regular networking opportunities
- Joining a supportive and friendly sophisticated investor network
- Access to both current and alumni students from the University of Reading and Henley Business School through schemes such as the Reading Internship Scheme and Capstone Projects
- Invitation to a full programme of events held at the Henley Business School throughout the year
- An exclusive year’s free membership with UKBAA
- Support throughout the investment process, including an exclusive discount to the UKBAA’s Angel Investor e-learning course
- Detailed summaries of investments
- Support through our established strong links with professional services providers, such as accountants, solicitors, and banks
- Help to select an appropriate professional to assist investors with the funding process and business development issues
- Access to our exceptional contacts within the research and higher education institutions that we can connect you with where specialist technical advice is sought